I. Position Information
Job title: Manager – Life Skills Education Component
Supervisor/Manager: Program Director
II. Organizational Context
Aahung is a non-profit organization founded in 1994. Aahung uses a rights-based approach to improve the quality of sexual and reproductive health services provided in Pakistan to men, women and young people.
Aahung works with partner institutions with the aim of building the capacity and knowledge base of service providers comprised of doctors, nurses, government health workers, community and field workers, teachers and parents.
III. Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities and Duties/Results Expected
- Provide strategic direction and vision towards achieving the objectives of the LSE component and oversee adherence to targets.
- Maintain and foster working relationships with relevant personnel from the provincial and federal education departments.
- Manage the budget of the component and use available funds strategically and effectively.
Detail of key functions
1. Provide strategic direction and vision towards achieving the objectives of the LSE component.
- Manage and mentor coordinators and trainers in the component including overseeing and strategizing their work planning and adherence to deadlines.
- Maintain close working relationships with government officials, especially from education departments, partner schools and organizations for smoother execution of LSE programs.
- Assist Aahung’s communication team in developing strategies for awareness campaigns on adolescent sexual health issues and child sexual abuse.
- Oversee and assist the team in the development and updating of IEC material, training tools and training modules.
- Assist in the coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities with Aahung’s monitoring and evaluation team.
2. Maintain and foster working relationships with relevant personnel from the provincial and federal education departments
- Advocate for the integration of the Life Skills Based Education (LSBE) in the provincial curricula, with the relevant government departments.
- Nurture the close working relationships with the Technical Advisory Committees (TAC) of different provinces developed for the integration of LSBE and strategize the execution of their respective LSBE integration plans.
- Represent Aahung at various TAC meetings and oversee the integration process by adhering to both Aahung’s and education departments’ timelines.
2- Management and execution of external projects
- Document project reports and effectively oversee and manage the project budgets.
- Network with external stakeholders and participate in meetings and forums related to project activities.
- Represent the LSE component and Aahung at national and international forum.
- Demonstrates commitment to programme and Aahung’s mission, vision and values.
- Experience and understanding of sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues
- Experience and understanding of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues
- Experience and understanding of human rights, reproductive rights and sexual rights
- Familiarity with concepts such as empowerment, stigma, discrimination, non-judgmentalism, gender, and social justice
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Familiarity with reproductive health indicators and situation in Pakistan
- Familiarity with relevant international documents such as the SDGs, ICPD, the Beijing Conference, etc., and Pakistan’s commitments to them
- Demonstrable commitment to working with empowerment of sexually marginalized groups (gay, lesbian, transgender, transgender, HIV positive, etc.)
- Respect for confidentiality and ability to adhere to confidentiality policies
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Strong communication skills (candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills in English to maintain effective working relations with donors, partners and government departments as well as for producing donor reports and proposals)
- Strong organizational skills (candidate should be efficient in systematizing components tasks and strategically organizing work plans and budgets)
- Ability to make strategic decisions (candidate should be capable of taking strategic decisions especially with regards to Aahung’s on-going advocacy efforts for the integration of LSBE in the provincial curricula and in day to day work tasks of the component)
Leadership and Self-Management
- Enthusiasm to learn and inspire learning
- Ability to advocate and manage change
- Exhibits dependability/integrity and accepts criticism
- Ability to manage stress and maintain efficiency and effectiveness even in face of short deadlines
- Ability to manage time and delegate work
- Ability to motivate and supervise others while ensuring accountability
V. Recruitment Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Health related and/or Social Sciences
Experience: 4 - 6 years related with Job specification
Language Requirements: English & Urdu
VI. Working Conditions
Travel within and outside of Pakistan will be required on frequent basis
VII. How to Apply
To apply, please email the completed Aahung Application Form (available on the Aahung website), your CV, and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Before finalizing the job offer, Aahung will verify employment history by contacting references provided by the encumbent, as well as previous job titles and job descriptions, start and end date for each job, and salary history.