II. Organizational Context
Aahung is a non-profit organization founded in 1994. Aahung uses a rights-based approach to improve the quality of sexual and reproductive health services provided in Pakistan to men, women and young people.
Aahung works with partner organizations to deliver life skills-based education to reach primary and secondary school aged children. Through a rigorous curriculum focusing on bodily protection and communicating discomfort, Aahung has worked in building the capacity of teachers across Karachi, interior Sindh, Punjab and Gilgit Baltistan. Through its SRHR trainings and management programs, Aahung has worked with multiple health care provider organizations including hospitals, medical and nursing schools and other institutions including government agencies and NGOs for the capacity strengthening and provision of technical support around SRHR through implementation of specially designed, age specific and culturally appropriate comprehensive curricula.
III. Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities and Duties/Results Expected
- Support active implementation and manage coordination of all program and project related interventions/activities, i.e., arranging, managing, and conducting trainings, events, forums, meetings, agreements, etc.
- Assist in the development and translation of materials and modules used in trainings with educators and caregivers.
- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing partners organizations and stakeholders such as school management, teachers, and other NGO’s
- Regularly update the LSE component’s quarterly work plan
- Ensure upkeep of all quantitative and qualitative data from all LSE component interventions
- Maintain upkeep of resource materials stock and coordinate with designers and printers for items required
- Assist in the development of program and project budgets, monitor expenditures, and coordinate quarterly with finance to review budget utilization
- Lead and manage youth based sexual and reproductive health project initiatives such has youth champions league; social media campaigns; college/university programs; etc
- Develop internal reports (annual, BOG, trainings etc) and assist in development of donor reports and proposals
- Support effective implementation of school based CSE programs by providing on field support and mentorship and inform/discuss the findings with the LSE & RME teams on a regular basis
- Support the LSE team and other components (Research, Monitoring and Evaluation and Communications) in developing strategies, implementing and coordinating activities related to awareness raising and knowledge promotion of adolescent and youth sexual health issues
- Maintain relations with government officials to support ongoing advocacy activities
- Develop documents that are required to lobby with the government (MOU; Frameworks; Presentations; Policy Briefs etc)
- Represent Aahung and the LSE Team at local, national, and international meetings, forums and conferences
1V. Core Competencies: (What we hope person has or will have soon after joining)
- Demonstrates commitment to Aahung’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Experience and understanding of sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues.
- Experience and understanding of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues.
- Experience and understanding of human rights, reproductive rights and sexual rights.
- Familiarity with concepts such as empowerment, stigma, discrimination, non-judgmentalism, gender, and social justice.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Familiarity with reproductive health indicators and situation in Pakistan.
- Demonstrable commitment to working with empowerment of sexually marginalized groups (gay, lesbian, transgender, transgender, HIV positive, etc.)
- Respect for confidentiality and ability to adhere to confidentiality policies.
- Ability to effectively organize and follow-up work plans, analyze information, and generate summative reports.
Leadership and Self-Management
- Must be a team player and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Executes day to day tasks systematically and efficiently
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships and teamwork spirit.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently, observe confidentiality.
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time.
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations.
- Pursues own personal and professional development.
V. Recruitment Qualifications (this is where all requirements for hiring are put – what level of education, how much experience and where, any language requirements – this is separate from other skills which go in the previous section.
Bachelor’s Degree (Minimum requirement) Candidates having Nursing background are encouraged to apply.
-3- 5 years’ experience of working with NGOs/CBOs on health or education preferable
-Experience in report writing (writing sample will be requested during interview process)
-Outstanding written and spoken English skills
-Exceedingly strong documentation and writing skills
-Bilingual in spoken English and Urdu
VI. Working Conditions
Ability and availability to travel within rural and urban areas of Pakistan when required Flexibility to work some weekends
Deadline: 31st March 2022