II. Organizational Context
Aahung is a non-profit organization founded in 1994. Aahung uses a rights-based approach to improve the quality of sexual and reproductive health services provided in Pakistan to men, women and young people.
Aahung works with partner institutions with the aim of building the capacity and knowledge base of service providers comprised of doctors, nurses, government health workers, community and field workers, teachers and parents.
III. Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities and Duties/Results Expected
Detail of key functions
Research, Monitoring, & Evaluation
- Propose and develop research protocol to evaluate Aahung’s on-going programs & inform evidence-based initiatives; including IRB process
- Oversee any on-going research studies and manage research teams including any field staff such as data collectors and data entry operators
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative data analysis for on-going research studies
- Lead development of research manuscripts, abstracts, and briefs for submission to journals and conferences
- Support executive team in programme conceptualization, logical framework analysis
- Provide grant writing support to RLE and component managers by conducting literature reviews, developing indicators and preparing drafts of grant proposals
- Manage and coordinate with Research Associates (RAs) hired on a rolling basis
- Facilitate all components in the development of quantitative and qualitative tools for collecting data for needs assessments, baseline studies and output and impact level evaluations studies
- Review and update indicators to ensure they are in line with Aahung’s strategic objectives and Log Frame Matrix
- Serve as the focal person from within Aahung for external impact and evaluation studies
- Facilitate all components in developing SMART indicators for all major interventions
- Recruit, Manage and mentor RLE team
Strategic Planning and New project Development
- Ensure that various interventions are synergistic and contribute to the overall mission and vision of the organization
- Support Director in planning and facilitating the process of strategic planning and project/proposal development
- Use learnings from monitoring, evaluation and impact assessments to feed into development of new projects, proposals and plans
- Support Director and component managers in advocacy for scaling up of Aahung’s successful interventions
Communications and Advocacy
- Ensure proper documentation of Aahung’s work (qualitative and quantitative) to be shared with donors, The Board of Governors, and partners, and in annual reports and other publications
- Support in Aahung’s active participation in local and international sexual and reproductive health networks
- Participate in Reproductive Health and Development sector meetings, seminars and dialogues on a needs basis
Core Competencies: (What we hope person has or will have soon after joining)
- Demonstrates commitment to SRHR and Aahung’s mission, vision and values.
- Experience and understanding of sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues
- Experience and understanding of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and sexuality issues
- Experience and understanding of human rights, reproductive rights and sexual rights
- Familiarity with concepts such as empowerment, stigma, discrimination, non-judgmentalism, gender, and social justice
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Familiarity with reproductive health indicators and situation in Pakistan
- Familiarity with relevant international documents such as the MDGs, ICPD, the Beijing Conference, etc., and Pakistan’s commitments to them
- Demonstrable commitment to working with empowerment of sexually marginalized groups (gay, lesbian, transgender, transgender, HIV positive, etc.)
- Respect for confidentiality and ability to adhere to confidentiality policies
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Master’s degree in Health related and/or Social Sciences with preferably some academic or professional background in research
Minimum 3 to 5 years experience of developing research and evaluation studies; developing monitoring tools, and conducting monitoring activities for reproductive/maternal health, gender/sexuality programs.
Minimum 3 to 5 years experience with conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis and with data analysis software (STATA, SAS, NVivo).
Fluency in English and Urdu (writing, reading and speaking)
- Knowledge of research theories and methods and creativity in their application
- Familiarity with designing research studies and developing data collection tools
- Experience with IRB review process and publishing research findings
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Strong data management and analytical background for both quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience managing data entry software (i.e. experience with MIS)
- Strong documentation and record keeping skills
VI. Working Conditions
Flexibility to travel locally and internationally, comfort with field work.
VII. How to apply
Candidates to send their CV, cover letter and filled job application to email@example.com